PE and Sport Grant
Our Primary PE and Sports Premium for 2015-16
In 2015/16 we received £ 8275 As a result we used our funding to;
- Appoint a PE teacher to teach each class, for one hour, once a week, in addition to the PE lesson taught by their class teacher.
- To fund extra-curricular sports club.
- Hire a minibus to transport our children to other venues to participate in sporting activities.
- Make a contribution to our Key Stage 2 children’s residential stay at Whitehough outdoor adventure centre.
From the summer term 2016 our Sports Premium will be used to;
- Appoint a PE teacher for a 0.2 of a week to reduced cohort sizes in PE lessons. They will;
- Teach EYFS for an hour on a Wednesday.
- Teach Years 1/2 for an hour on a Wednesday.
- Teach Year 3/4 for an hour on Monday and Thursday.
- Develop staff confidence and competence by work closely alongside our NQT, newly appointed member of staff and Teaching Assistants to raise the profile of PE and improve the provision of PE in school.
- Establish assessment procedures.
- Enhance our outdoor provision for Physical Activity.
- Improve and increase PE resources.
- Participate in the Family Funds Project Pilot Scheme
- Celebrate the Olympics (extending pupils knowledge and skills of specific sports)
Impact 2015-16 (constantly updated)
- Enhanced provision allowed our year 5/6 children to enter the Smalls School Sports Hall Athletics competition. We were successful in progressing to the Lancashire finals, in which we came 5Th out of all schools in Lancashire.
- Improved fitness and healthier lifestyles for our children
- Increasing the amount of physical activity taking place each week
- Achieve Lancashire Healthy Schools Quality Standard for Physical Activity
- Achieve Sainsbury’s School Games Kite Mark of at least Bronze, but aiming for Silver.
- Increase participation in South Ribble competitions
- Appoint ‘Sport Abassadors’ to lead, manage and officiate Sainsbury’s School Games
- Providing challenging sporting opportunites for our ‘gift and talented’ n
- Ensure teaching of PE is inclusive to ensure all our children achieve at their own level
PE and Sport Premium Funding – 2014/2015
Part of the school budget is a sports grant. In 2014/2015, we received £8225. We spend this money on membership of the local sports partnership which provide coaches in various sports weekly, in funding an after school sports club, in the necessary equipment, and in contributing to the cost of the school minibus. So far the funding has enabled our children to take part in more PE and sporting activities; it has given the children the opportunity to reach higher levels in PE and it has supported teachers in their professional development.
For more information about the PE and Sport Premium Funding: